SPECS AS SHOWN
Wing span - 53.5"
Area - 361 sq. in. (2.5 sq ft.)
RTF weight - 23 oz. with RS 1600 NiMH 8 cell AA pack.
6vt. S400 powered
Kontronik Rondo 400 15A ESC
6.3 x 3 Graupner CAM folding prop configured as a pusher.
Mixed elevons for pitch & roll control.
Intermediate builders will want to at least study some of the construction text and view the linked detailed pictures in more depth.
Beginning builders should read it all and study each picture up
close (click it) for the notes written on them.
Any construction methods that are new to you can be researched further in most cases.
Try doing a search at Ezone for the subject of interest for starters.
Please read through all of the instructions before starting building.
This will give you a better overview to the entire project and may inspire your own revisions to the construction.
It's better to understand what you'll be doing before you try to do it!
* A straight, level, flat building surface (must have!)
* Band saw if available, a fine tooth wide blade hobby saw or hacksaw blade, or at least a serrated table knife.
* A Dremel tool w/ router attachment and 1/8" bit is highly recommended
but not required.
* 2) 1/8" x 1/2" x about 28" spruce front spar
* 1) 1/8" x 1/2" x 19" spruce rear spar
* 2) 1/8" x 3/8" x about 28" spruce TE cap sticks
* 2) 1.5" x 3/8" x about 28" balsa tapered TE stock
* 1) set Dubro 1/2a control horns (preferred due to mounting hole pattern)
* 4) 2-56 clevises that fit your servo arms and horns
* 5" 2-56 threaded rod that fit clevises
S-400 pusher gear w/ battery pack size of 1.25 inch square
3 channel radio w/ 2) mini servos (.5" thick max) with mixing or with mixer added for elevons
(NOTE: ALL PICS LINK TO LARGER VERSION TO SEE DETAILS)
You'll need to start here:
"Life Like Products" "Sky Rider" 4.5 ft. span foam hand toss glider
Available at Walmart (seasonal) and other department stores
or mail order from Tower Hobbies or direct from manufacturer.
Copyright © 2001 - 2007 Ken Hill - All Rights Reserved
You're free to built Wally Wings for personal use but please do not kit, copy, manufacture, or otherwise use this design for any commercial purposes without my written permission.